Your skin quality depends on what you eat. A healthy diet can give you healthy skin and help you in the anti-aging process.
Grooming produces help but without a good and healthy diet, you can not achieve your desired skin quality.
Bad lifestyle factors, that affect skin quality –
High-stress levels, bad sleep patterns, smoking, lack of exercise, bad diet habits, and lack of water in the body.
Qualities of an ANTI-AGING food –
- Low glycemic index – Low GI foods are slowly digested and do not spike blood sugar and insulin levels. A spike or a crash in your blood sugar and insulin levels is not healthy for your skin and body.
- Protein – Protein helps to build collagen and makes your skin firmer and less prone to wrinkles.
- Omega 3 – Omega 3 makes your skin softer, moisturized, and glowing.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C plays an important role in the body’s natural collagen synthesis. It decreases cell damage from the sun’s harmful UV rays and helps in the healing process of damaged skin cells.
- Water – Water helps to hydrate your skin and delivers nutrients to your skin cell. It also maintains skin elasticity.
List of anti-aging food
Oats are one of the best grain that you can add in your diet. And they are easy to cook. You can make many tasty dishes with oats.
Oats do not spike your blood sugar and insulin levels, because they are low in glycemic index and high in fiber. They also improve cholesterol levels.
Oats are loaded with antioxidants, that prevent skin cell damage and reduces wrinkles.
Beta-glucan fiber, that present in oats also helps in smoothing of wrinkles.
Blueberries are fully loaded with antioxidants that help to prevent and cure wrinkles. It also prevents skin from sun damage and collagen loss.
Vitamin C present in blueberries makes your skin firm and young-looking.
Blueberries reduce risk of cardiovascular disease.
Nuts are a good source of vitamin C and omega 3 fatty acids especially almonds. They are loaded with antioxidants.
Nuts can help you to delay signs of aging and improve skin quality.
Nutrients present in almonds and other nuts can prevent your skin from sun damage, strengthen skin cell and give your skin a beautiful glow.
Nuts are also improve your heart and brain health.
Avocados contain many essential nutrients that our body can not produce on its own. They are also high in good fatty acids that make your skin smooth and flexible.
Avocado helps to remove dead skin cells and also protect our skin from sun damage.
You can apply avocado oil on your skin this will make your skin gorgeous and glowing skin.
Oranges are filled with water, vitamins, and minerals. they hydrate your body and skin.
Vitamin C presents in oranges play an important role in improving skin health.
Oranges help in collagen production and also help regulate blood pressure.
They also prevent heart disease and help to keep cholesterol levels low